DOWNLOAD OUR FREE EVALUATIONYou can download version 1.5 of our eLearning 3D Training Toolkit from the link below...
COLLEGES / UNIVERSITIES
If you know any lecturers currently teaching on a 3D modelling or games course, or any students learning 3D modelling, please email them this web page link ( http://www.candointeractive.com/gamedesign/car ) so that they can download the FREE evaluation above.
CanDo Interactive have developed a training toolkit to help students learn how to model in 3D. It can also be used to help teach basic game logic etc.
The basic concept is based on driving a vehicle ( using Havok physics ) around the environment that the 3D artist has created.
An easy, single step export process from your 3D app is all that is required to interact with your level. No additional complex tools are required to view your level. This simple, fast export process ensures that students enthusiasm does not deteriorate, as it can with long rendering times for animations.
One of the USPs of the technology we are using is that the content can be shown online if required, and so lecturers can now mark coursework using internet links to the students site, rather than handling large numbers of CDs etc.
More importantly, their levels can be viewed by fellow students, and potential employers, thus encouraging the students to create a high standard of work.
You can see a few sample levels online here...
WHAT SKILLS AND SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO TRY THIS OUT?
Our application is aimed at students of all levels, whether they have no 3D skills, or have a lot of experience in developing 3D content, but want to focus on game design skills ( or show their real-time portfolio on-line via a website ).
The following 3D applications are supported...
- 3DS Max
- TrueSpace ( using the Conversion Pak ) or GameSpace
- Cinema 4D
- Electric Image Animation System
- 3D Canvas Pro
- SoftImage XSI or Blender ( these use an offline XSI to W3D converter )
OK, I'M INTERESTED, WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD IT FROM?
click the image below to download our application for free.
It's a 7Mb download, including,,,
- a sample 3D scene for you to load, change, export and drive around
- the .EXE to run it from your hard drive
- the files required to upload it to your website
I'D LIKE TO TRY IT OUT BUT I'M PRETTY BUSY, GIVE ME QUICK INSTRUCTIONS
Now, go back, change the level a bit, and re-export.
Hopefully your changes will be reflected immediately.
- Download the app
- Load up your 3D application ( eg Max )
- Load the 3D scene from the .ZIP file ( in the 3D scene folder )
- Export the scene as Shockwave 3D ( file->export [ Shockwave 3D format ] ) over gamelevel.w3d in the main folder
- Run the .EXE ( or index.htm if you are using Mac OS/X )
If you need further instructions, read the INSTRUCTIONS.DOC in the .ZIP file
OK, THAT WORKED, WHAT NOW?
If you are a beginner 3D modeller...
- create an empty scene with a ground box, and a van box called carStart
- Export this as above, and run the .EXE to view it
- Now, start adding more items to the scene, texturing them etc
- Read the documentation about moving objects, pickups and triggers, and add a few of them to the scene
If you are an experienced 3D modeller...
- take an existing 3D scene
- create a 3d box, called carStart, and make it roughly the size you'd like the vehicle to be
- export the level as above, and run the .EXE to view it
HEY, THIS IS PRETTY COOL! WHAT NOW?
Join in with others using the application and send general feedback, new levels, feature requests or discovered bugs to our community forum.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
If you are using the application for personal website usage, you can use the application for free. A small banner will be displayed at the top of the in-game screen, to allow viewers to find out about our software.
For Colleges, Universities and Training Centers, our license fee is very cost effective. Our low cost enables us to appeal to a wide number of courses ( general 3D modelling, actual game design etc ).
You will find information on pricing at the link below...
Click here to view pricing.
The CanDo Team